BC Boards

My Older dog is OK

I have just got back from the vet with Dallas my 13 1/2 year old BC kelpie cross.I had myself talked into all the worst case scenario options ie cancer .She had a swelling on her hind leg down near her ankle and it become more raised and ulcers appeared over the weekend.anyway my vet says it is an arthritic joint that she has licked too much and made it inflamed and sore.she called it a lick granuloma I think.she is on antibiotics for 2 weeks and has a dressing with some cortisone cream in situ.I am so relieved .Do any of you have experience with this ? She is on a natural joint /arthritic suppliment that contains glucosamine and fish oil .

Although Rohan isnt a dog, he has 2 granulomas on 2 of his nipples. For him they're very big lumps under his skin, but he doesnt lick them to infection. We were worried about it and took him in, and the vet squeezed one of his nipples like a pimple and this massive amount of white goop started coming out. It was incredibly discusting although I guess not to painful because he didnt freak. When she tried to do the other one he attempted to bite her. She advised to leave them alone (since the one she squeezed will come back) since they werent infected and werent bothering him. So we've done nothing and he's been fine.