BC Boards

Nick

airbear

Jamie's Nick passed over the bridge yesterday at the age of 8, after a brave battle with cancer. Nick was a wonderful dog, a true old soul who was like a little man in a fur coat. He smiled if he liked you, and even if he didn't, he was unfailingly polite. He really enjoyed working sheep, and was quite spectacular on cattle. He also worked with a lot of beginner handlers, showing them what a talented and well-trained dog could do. I think his favourite thing, though, was watching other dogs work. You could almost hear him mutter "there'll be trouble with this dog" or "that was quite lovely", his wise dark eyes never leaving the action.

When Lou lived with Jamie and Nick, they were best friends. What an odd couple, the dark, intense Nick, and the goofy, big white Lou. Even after Lou came to live with me, he kept a soft spot for Nick, and would wriggle with excitement when they met up at trials.

I was lucky enough to run Nick in an arena trial last Christmas, and though I made a muck of it, he kept plugging away, as he always did for whomever was handling him.

He was Jamie's heart dog, and together they learned from and taught each other so much. Yesterday, he told her that it was his time, and she helped him go.

Good bye, Nick. You're a good dog.

nick2.jpg

Yes he must have been a wonderful BC. I am very sorry about your loss. I wish you much power to overwind your sadness. It`s never easy when a very good friend has gone. I am sure, you keep him in your heart.

treppett6.jpg

I don't know why I read this section...... It brings tears to my eyes every time. You know you see your relatives on holidays, but you see your dogs everyday. Sometimes....it's harder to part with them. What a beautiful dog.