BC Boards

Lawndale, NC

jrid

It's amazing how outrageously hot this weekend is almost every year I've been there (eight out of the eleven years I've known about it). Looks like this weekend's going to live up to the usual standard!

To add to the directions, after you pass through Lawndale, you'll be looking for the entrance on the right. You might see some campers parked in the field right off the road - more likely you'll be looking at the setout team way up on the hill - you want to have someone looking for the black wrought iron arch as soon as you spot that, or you will blow right on by. Like I do almost every year. :D

We just don't have the money to travel this year. Next year I'll have money AND motivation, I hope, with two pups coming up. :rolleyes:

Here are the directions i've been using for years.

Directions to Dr Ben's:

From I85 South:

I85 to 74 West (Exit 10B - this is the Kings Mountain exit).

Go through Kings Mountain to Shelby. Follow 74W about 11-13 miles to Route 180 North. This is a congested intersection with Keeter Ford and a Shell/Bojangles, and is the intersection after the Cleveland Mall.

Follow 180North to Highway 18North.

In Fallston turn left on 182 (Stagecoach Trail). Go through Lawndale and Dr Ben's is on the right.

From my place it's about 3.5 hours, i think. I'd think you ought to be able to get to 85 further south, maybe at Efland? rather than coming to Duke St. Actually, i know you can. If you take 501 to 57 to 86, you can catch 85 where i do. Let me see if i can make mapquest do those directions and i'll pop them on here.

Right. Duh. I was thinking of I85 north like going to the airport. Still haven't got all that untangled yet.

Normally when we are heading west we actually catch 40 at the Haw River exit. So probably it's very comparable to your trip.

Still, unless a miracle happens and either a) gas prices drop by $2/gallon or :rolleyes: we suddenly inherit a Toyota Corolla, it's a no go this weekend. Good to know for next time, though.

Right. Duh. I was thinking of I85 north like going to the airport. Still haven't got all that untangled yet.

Normally when we are heading west we actually catch 40 at the Haw River exit. So probably it's very comparable to your trip.

Still, unless a miracle happens and either a) gas prices drop by $2/gallon or :rolleyes: we suddenly inherit a Toyota Corolla, it's a no go this weekend. Good to know for next time, though.

Hey Becca,

FWIW, I dropped out of the trial this weekend, primarily based on gas prices. Called Dr. Ben to let 'em know, next day headed to town and saw the $3.29 prices had dropped to $3.09 or so... didn't dare call him and beg to get back in.

Ya know, it may be quicker and easier for you to hop up to the Danvile bypass and take US 29 south to I85 in Greensboro. That would save you a lot of back road driving.

Well, at least I can head out the door and work all the dogs, not just Scout at the trial.

See ya!

Colin