BC Boards

Data/Statistics Needed

Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I've visited... Tag and Molly are both doing wonderful and are still the loves of my life (besides the husband, of course). One reason I haven't visited much is because I am going back to college. That's why I'm here - because I need help from you guys!

For a college PowerPoint course, I have to do a presentation as my final project. I chose to do my presentation on the various canine sports (Agility, Flyball, Herding, etc). Well, my presentation is done - except for one thing! I need to include a chart - it has to be like a 'comparison' chart - i.e. bar chart, pie chart, etc. I also have to cite my source for the data. I thought I would be able to find data on the percentage of popularity of each dog sport, or the increased participation of dog sports over the years... but, I'm finding NOTHING! So, I'm coming to you guys to see if you have any suggestions or ideas.

I sincerely appreciate any help you give me!!! Thanks everyone!

Not particularly dog related, but there's a wonderful graph showing the inverse relationship between the number of pirates and global average temperature at http://www.venganza.org/about/open-letter/
LOL! I love this article. Thanks for sharing!

(I can't help with the dog sport thing either, sorry...)

I've spent a life time using proxy variables for inaccesible data. So, you can get the telephone books from a few major cities or call the research librarians in a few major branches of big city and smaller city branches. Get the data for the last three or four decades. Depending on the sophistication of the study you can adjust the count of dog sports facilities and instructors listings against population so you come up with rate such as dog sports centers per 1000 or 10000 houselholds. Lomot your sample size. I suspect that this is a persuasive peice showing your understadning of presentation and research organization not a statistics exercise.