BC Boards

Check this out!

I do believe that she is only 14. She doesn't seem to have the emotional maturity to even be clever about hiding her actions. Every time one of us has grown suspicious of her intentions, it took very little digging to find the lie. I also do believe that she is trying to play out a fantasy over the Internet. The problem is that the game she is playing has real and, IMO, dangerous consequences for the dogs and people involved. Unfortunately, she does have the ability to breed - she has an unaltered male and an unaltered female in the house right now. We know that she is continuing to seek out more dogs. And it wouldn't be much of a leap from there to start actually producing litters. Frankly I'd be surprised if we didn't see any puppies coming from her. And the fact that she portrays herself to be a rescuer is just the biggest irony of all. You can't support the philosophy of rescue while entertaining the thought of starting your own back yard breeding program. Sorry, but those two ideas are diametrically opposed. OK, I'm off my soapbox now.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know about any black list, but her site can be reported to the department of agriculture to verify whether or not it is licensed in the state of Georgia. You can also contact the Gwinnett County Animal Shelter to let them know that she has potentially re-homed a dog she adopted from them. They will determine if it is was done legally or not. If a contract was not drawn up and presented to the shelter, the dog was not altered -then she would be in violation of the adoption contract she/or her father signed and they could be proscecuted under the law.

http://evericbordercollies.com/kennel/

That is her site, it is viewable and you can get all the information needed under the "Contact Us" section.

Mary said it beautifully, it really doesn't matter if she actually plans to breed or not. The fact that she has intact dogs living in the same home where I am sure they are not supervised every minute means there will be pups. And let us not forget that she is still actively seeking more border collies. Larka lived with her while in heat and from what I could tell from pictures, she was not kept seperate from Jake, who is intact. For all we know, Larka will be having pups in her new home. It doesn't matter what age she is, this is extremely irresponsible behavior and the fact that she continues to pose as a rescue is just scary to me. As recent as yesterday, she had a posting on craigslist asking for a border collie. Also, her father was a breeder of dogs a while back, so I don't think it is unreasonable to believe that she will actually breed and sell dogs and I believe Jake is still listed as a stud dog on a website. I just wish there was more we could do.

Wow, sandyleew, it appears that you were correct all along! I guess that dog at the shelter in Johnson City, Tennessee would be appearing in the "Sires" category today if the East TN BCR folks hadn't gotten there first.

Actually, after I found out about her and what she was doing, I warned them at the shelter, but, luckily, they were already aware of what was going on. They knew to thoroughly question anyone interested in him before adopting him out. I'm still waiting on word from ETBCR to make sure they got him, but they were scheduled to pull him on Friday. Sadly, there is a female up there now, though.

I went to her website. It says her sire is Jake. The future dam is a merle named Lyric. I need a jog to my memory. Wasn't Jesse, the pup attacked at the dog park, a merle? Don't they look similar? I couldn't find a pic of Jesse. When did she get Lyric? Strange. But, I don't know without seeing a pic to compare. It was a while back and I didn't look at the Jesse pics to commit to memory. Just wondering.

Yes, Jessie was the one killed at the dog park. Jessie came from Dual Oaks Farms. Lyric is a new puppy that she got a couple months ago, I think. Both are/were merles. Both look alike because both came from breeders who like to breed for candy-colored BCs. I'm not sure if Lyric came directly from Wildrose or is just a puppy from a dog that came from Wildrose. In any event, she says that Lyric is ABCA registered. But, how could that be if she either came from Wildrose, or came from a dog from Wildrose? I thought Wildrose was booted out of ABCA. :rolleyes: Just more things that simply don't add up or make much sense.

Well, the website is gone again. You can see Jessie in a picture in the link I posted to the thread from February.

Here is a post she made on Lyric's pedigree: Lyric has Rockin' G blood lines of Rockin' G's Jill ABC 113522 and Rockin' G's Whip ABc 34739. From my understanding Rockin' G's Jill ABC 113522 had a litter by *Bill ABC 95965. That's where Lyric's bloodlines with Rockin' G comes from.

I looked back at pictures of each pup - definitely different dogs (Jessie is in the first thread, Lyric's pic was in a recent thread). Jessie had black patches on her eyes, and just her muzzle tip was white.

I think she is 14, but that is sure no excuse.

And I agree that with two intact, unsupervised dogs - there will be pups, planned or not.

I believed she was 14, but I am with Sandyleew, I have been suspicious of her this whole time. I have refused to post in any conversation involving her because something just wasn't right there.

I think she's 14, hormonal, emotional, excitable, invincible and always right (like every 14-year-old), and has a dad who is not exactly discouraging this whole breeding thing.

I tried to enter to her site yesterday and found an "Under Construction"

Today I tried again and found a big red letters advice supposedly wrote by her father saying that they never intended to breed(...) and that all was a misinterpretation of the words of her poor baby.

I've always thought she is 14, but what I'm not entirely sure is about the post of her father to being really of him. They sound different and much more adult, but as I'm not an English speaker the subtle "between lines" is harder to catch to me and I let it to the experts.

Interesting.....

What is the new website supposed to do? Make everyone all smiley and happy and just dismiss this whole thing? How is anyone supposed to believe that information based on past experience?

There are so many wrong things going on with this situation....

Just when I thought the Everic website couldn't get any stranger, the homepage displays this:

Everic Border Collies

The Summary

Welcome to the world of the wild where the adventures of Kainen and his pack take place in the magic of the world of Retgekan. Kainen's pack is fallowed by that of the Everic Border Collies and within the hold of those who rule the lands in the Ketsuricn Wolf Pack. Kainen lives and leads his pack at his young age. Being the son of a Ketsuricn wolf and a Everic Border collie isn't always easy. With his parents killed and the rest of his brothers and sisters, there was no one left to lead the pack but him. Now he must keep order here and handle all on his own.

Characters

Story soon to come... In progress of being written.

Copyright © 2006-3007 Everic Border Collies.

All rights reserved.

:rolleyes:

Kat's Dogs said,

Interesting.....

What is the new website supposed to do? Make everyone all smiley and happy and just dismiss this whole thing? How is anyone supposed to believe that information based on past experience?

It's okay, her dad said it was all just a misunderstanding.....that explains it all. :rolleyes:

OK, this is getting stranger and stranger! Do they change the site every 5 minutes or what??

maybe she will go away

maybe, but she will still breed her dogs - and who knows what else they are planning. :rolleyes:

She HAS gone away. She's no longer posting here, she's no longer posting on BCRescue. As far as I know, both decisions were voluntary on her part. Apparently she's now decided to try her hand at a work of fiction, which would be a good use of her imagination. Is that really something to ridicule her for? I think it's a welcome development. It seems to me this thread has gone beyond the point where it might be productive, and moved to the beating-a-dead-horse stage.

Apparently she's now decided to try her hand at a work of fiction, which would be a good use of her imagination. Is that really something to ridicule her for? I think it's a welcome development. It seems to me this thread has gone beyond the point where it might be productive, and moved to the beating-a-dead-horse stage.

This I agree with and the exact same thing is happening on BCR. If she needs to use her imagination then a story is a much better use then breeding, imaginary or not.

Eileen's and Joe's points are excellent ones, and, after reading and considering them, I'm sorry I posted Elise's new creative work and stirred up that part of the conversation. I completely agree that her creativity is better used in producing fiction than in producing more border collies, and I'll delete my post if folks think it would be appropriate or helpful to do so.