BC Boards

Check this out!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She elicited pity and support when her 11-week-old border collie puppy was killed by another dog at a dog park when she had no business bringing such a young puppy TO a dog park. This happened a couple of months ago. Has her judgement improved?

She argued that she was not going to breed, dissembling her real intentions.

She said that she was all about rescue, great, so why on earth does she feel the need to breed border collies if she knows how many need homes?

Charlene

I don't understand! :rolleyes:

That is just terrible!! arrrg. THAT makes my blood boil...after that whole thread last time....now this? I thought her dogs where all spayed/neutered or were planned to be? :D

I am disappointed to say that I still believe the reason she pretends to want to rescue is so she can get her hands on more unaltered border collies so that she can use them for breeding purposes. Lyric is from a Wildrose dog and Jake is from Tuck Everlasting Farms, so what does that tell you about the quality of dogs she is planning to breed. She blatantly lied on the thread I posted a while back and said that Jake was neutered. I have caught her in this lie many times since then and unfortunately have been waiting for this very thing to happen. It is tragic, really.

She blatantly lied on the thread I posted a while back and said that Jake was neutered

I knew I had heard that!! :D

I can't wait to hear this explained. :rolleyes:

She still gets support on the BC Rescue site - at least in the photo threads.

Frankly, I think we should all just ignore her and not comment on any of her posts on either board. I know I haven't since her puppy died.

The link has been posted on the BC Rescue site as well. And, yes, any time I questioned her motives on the rescue site there were a few people that would get upset and call me a bully, but there are a lot of people over there that have been disgusted as well.

How incredibly disappointing. The site just says "Under Construction" now, so she must have seen the thread, but I can imagine what was there. :rolleyes:

Can't say some of you guys didn't see it coming.

Wow, I didn't think she would do that. I don't really remember everything she said but it makes me mad she would do that!

Guest TheRuffMuttGang

I find it to be a shame that some people actually refused to see this from the beginning--it was quite obvious from all of the information that was dug up on this person (I still don't believe she's a child).

Even if she weren't banned on the bcrescue.org site, I doubt she'd have the guts to show her face there again. It was a move that should have been made long ago.

I teach kids who are 14... and I can say that I do think it's likely that she's that age, and not an adult pretending. Or at least her posts sound like ones that would be made by someone of that age. They don't have a lot of sophistication or emotional maturity, and don't show any ability on her part to discern how her actions appear to others. Adolescent egocentrism. It's in the psych books. :rolleyes:

I've often run into this on the 'net - that kids post strange stuff, misrepresent themselves, and when adults call them on it, the adults are accused of being bullies or overbearing. I've never quite figured out why. In the "real world," when kids pull this stuff, they are disciplined by the responsible adults around them.

Fact is, lying is lying. I knew kids who were liars when I was 14, and I know adults who are liars now. I don't support it or accept it in a person of ANY age - it's the ultimate wrong, in my opinion. And I really, really think that this kid's father is completely unaware of what his kid is caught up in, which makes me very concerned. She's posting her name and address all over the 'net, and presenting herself as a grown adult. That's a dangerous situation for any kid.

Having said all that, I suspect that a BIG chunk of this is, subconsciously, a fantasy world this kid is trying to create. Still dangerous for her and the dogs, but a different kind of problem, maybe.

--Mary

I've always doubted that she was actually 14, too, but I read through her site pretty thorougly and the way a lot of her phrases were worded do sound like a teenager wrote them.

You never know what's what in cyberspace, but to me this sounds like a kid who would like to be a breeder, and builds fantasies about being a breeder, and portrays herself to the cyberworld as a breeder, but is not in fact breeding. In short, I think Mary pretty much nailed it. In the days before the internet this would just be an elaborate adolescent daydream, because in those days it was pretty much impossible for a 14-year-old to reach people who didn't know her, and the people who did know her naturally knew that the daydream wasn't true. Now you can play the role to people who don't know you.

I hope Elise grows up enough to choose a different identity for herself and turn away from the idea of breeding dogs. In the meantime, I think the best lesson to be drawn from http://evericbordercollies.com/ is the old familiar one that so many people don't seem to get -- don't believe everything (or sometimes anything) you read on a breeder website. Just because someone says they're breeding for this or that, or doing this or that with their puppies, doesn't mean they are. In rare cases like this one, there may not even be any puppies.

I'm sorry to disagree but 14 is old enough to know right from wrong. She has been called out on this numerous times and still the lie, or actual breeding continues. Still the ads are out there looking for BC's to breed. And still she tried to post on a solely rescue site. At age 14 or 20 it's wrong and there has to be consequences or the wrong will never be corrected or even acknowledged. To say awww she's only 14 is going to teach nothing. IMO