BC Boards

Hmmmm..

I have realized, surprisingly suddenly, that Gypsy can't possibly be 100% border collie. Or else if she is, she's a bit odd looking and very very calm. I think the reason I hadn't noticed before is because she's with me 24/7 - or as close to it as possible. I've seen her grow up this whole time; she looks so much more mature than the baby seal fuzzy bundle of puppy I brought home 4 months ago.

I knew she was more laid back than the average border collie, and she is surprisingly calm for a puppy - although she definitely has her psycho moods and zoomies galore :rolleyes: Her mother was a purebred border collie, but no one knows what her dad was. I'm trying to figure this out and thought where better to look than the people of BC Boards! :D

Two days ago we went to the dog park, and as she was playing with two ACD's, I saw a striking resemblance in her ears, face, tail, body shape, etc. It seems like every ADC cross I've seen has ticking though, which Gyp definitely does not. She has a spotted belly, a few small black spots on her face, and a few orange spots on her legs, but that's it.

This dog looks incredibly similar, except for the face a bit and the ticking of course.

04breed2.jpg

Here are a couple pics of my girl for reference, and she's also in my siggy a few times :D

GYYYP.jpg

GYYYP2.jpg

And just in case, here's a short video of her goofing around with Milford in our back yard.

Gypsy and Milford

If anyone has any ideas about her daddy, or just comments in general, I'd really like to hear them! Thanks!

Hmm, I'm not really sure. But I'm not good with mixing breeds and figuring out what they are. lol. But I would say she has some BC in her, maybe ADC too.

I think she's a keeper whatever she is. I do see a lot of BC in her. Also ACD, too- might be the ears. And omg- i think i see a little terrier in there. Whatever you have, she is wonderful & no one needs papers for love.

She sure looks like a border collie to me. I can't access video on my computer so cant see her there, but the photos look like several border collies I have seen. I guess if she were put on stock maybe it could be easier to tell. Anyway, she is very attractive.

Hmm, I'm not really sure. But I'm not good with mixing breeds and figuring out what they are. lol. But I would say she has some BC in her, maybe ADC too.

Her mom was a purebred BC and when we picked her up at the shelter, they said her dad could well have been too :rolleyes:

Cattle dog could definitely be a possibility - I see ACD traits, and it would be my best guess. The ears - I love them. :rolleyes: She looks the larger percent Border Collie, though the profile of her face in your siggy struck me as somewhat "terrier-ish".

Speaking from experience :rolleyes: your dog could very well be 100% Border Collie LOL. Here is my dog Stella, all Border collie, (sure doesnt' look like it I know) but look at her, 2nd time on sheep, no denying her pedigree. I will admit it looks odd for a dog with her looks to have mannerisms and working style of a more traditional looking Border Collie. And these are her litter mates :D they both looked really nice on sheep as well, and Boss, the blue dog, sure doesn't look like a Border Collie. So ya just never know!

P4290039.jpg

P4290050-1.jpg

P4290096.jpg

P4290111.jpg

I don't know why Gyspy couldn't be all border collie. I really don't see anything else in her. (you already know how adorable I think she is!!) Just look around at all the smooth coat, prick eared dogs that are on this board. Nick and Lark just to name a couple. There are some good shots of Laura's Nick here: http://www.bordercollie.org/boards/index.p...c=9807&st=0

Have you seen Collie Corner? http://www.colliecorner.com/tri_a.htm

Any chance to put her on sheep?

I agree with PSmitty. She looks like a Border Collie to me.

My view of what a Border Collie can look like has broadened a lot over the past couple of months!

You see, Lisa and I always thought she was anyway - both her parents are farm dogs from the country and as her mum is a purebred BC, her dad could well have been too. After seeing those pics, I tend to agree with you.

We'll never know I suppose but we'll love the wee psycho no matter what :rolleyes:

She looks pure BC to me. If there's another breed in there, maybe it's a generation or 2 back; perhaps dad wasn't pure, but I think he had some BC blood.

I've seen plenty of smoothies that look an awful lot like her! I think if she had hair you probably wouldn't even be asking - the hair can really change the look. I still get people asking if my 18" tall smooth-coat is a Border-Jack. What?! No!!! She's not exactly well-bred but she is definitely NOT a Border-Jack.

Walk.jpg

My other smooth can look dopey too. And he's pure. When he was young i ALSO had people ask me if he was a border-jack. Grr. And this was at agility trials, where BC's are as commonplace as minivans!