BC Boards

Sore nose

Claire Owen

Hey guys,

Poor Bailey still isnt right, only now its his nose. I took him to the vet last week about his having lots of 'accidents', but was told it wasnt a bladder infection. It wasnt my usual vet and I cant say I liked this one very much so I'm gonna get a second opinion on that as Bailey still cant hold his bladder for any real length of time. But this problem with his nose is unrelated I'm assuming. Hubby has gone into work this afternoon to see when he can get time off to take Bailey to the vets again but in the meantime I was wondering if you guys had any idea what might be wrong. I've just noticed that just inside Bailey left nostril it is all swolen and pink. It looks really sore and he doesnt like me touching too close to the swollen bits.

I've taken some pictures but I'm not sure if you can see too well on them...

044740.jpg

044741.jpg

044742.jpg

044744.jpg

I cant see anything that shouldnt be there ie a splinter, but thats the only thing I can think of that'd do this. Anyone else have any idea's?

Holly had the same type of thing last summer whilst were on holiday with her. We took her to a vet who gave us some antibiotics to clear it and she was fine. It looked exactly like that though so i would think whatever it is its the same as Holly had the vet wasnt sure but thought it was an infection of some sort. She had been in sea quite a bit so we thought in her case she may have got her infection from there. :rolleyes:

Thanks, I cant get Bailey into see our vet til tomorro so I hope it isnt too painful for him. It looks a lot better today. And yesterday whilst tidying up the dog toys outside I found one of the in some stinging nettles that had grown through the fence, so I'm wondering if maybe he's stuck his nose in them trying to get his toy! Cant imagine that getting stung lots in your nostril/on your nose would be too nice, daft dog! :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Holly has dobbed her nose on a nettle before whilst out walking , she does like to grab at long grains of grass whilst out sometimes and there was a nettle. I bet it stung as she pulled back quickly. They feal horrible on your hand so can not imagine how it feals on your nose. Maybe its that then, we never did find out about what Holly had but it got slightly worse after a couple days so thats why we took her to the vets.

Let us know how you go at the vets.

Hollys Mum :D