BC Boards

sneaking things into house

Well, my dog has finally learned how to sneak things into the house. Yesterday, I was happily at my computer working. I had my son watching T.V. and my Scoutie girl napping peacefully close by. All was right with the world. I glanced over at Scout and noticed something odd on the floor next to her. I go over bend down to pick it up and to my suprise it was a foot. Yes, friends it was a rabbit foot. I look over at Scout and she is still laying there but looking at me with those big brown eyes. I look under her head and sticking out a bit from under her nose is something else strange. Oh joy, it is the head of the rabbit!! :eek: She starts looking over at her bed area. I go over and yep you guessed it-the rest of the rabbit was hidden under her rug. I never saw her bring the thing in!!! I was so disgusted. She has tried to bring mice and rats in before. I have always caught her even when she had the whole thing in her mouth and just the end of the tail was sticking out.

I needed to share my experience with people who would understand! Thanks for listening.

Oh, yea I didn't punish her or anything. I made sure she knew that I was grossed out. I've got to come up with a plan to teach her to not bring stuff in the house.

Brought back memories.

The time we were asleep in bed and the cat jumped up to join us. I reached down to pat him and felt something wet and sticky. It was the mouse he'd just caught.

Originally posted by nancy:

Brought back memories.

The time we were asleep in bed and the cat jumped up to join us. I reached down to pat him and felt something wet and sticky. It was the mouse he'd just caught.

Mine was the cat jumped up on the bed and dropped the LIVE mouse on my chest!

Originally posted by nancy:

Brought back memories.

If that had been me, I would have recreated the scene from The Godfather where the guy finds a horse's head in his bed.

Can't stand mice in the house. Outside no problem. Inside and I am compelled to give a bloodcurdling scream :rolleyes:

Sammie tried to bring the last groundhog he killed into the house.

He was standing at the door quite adamant about getting the thing in. I had to trade him a piece of Speedy's raw chicken for it!

How about a dog who sneaks things that are already in the house?

Sneaky Loki poked his pointy nose into my cutlery drawer and took out the tray of cutlery.

He added it to todays pile of stuff.

I've just spent the last half hour rewashing all my spoons, forks etc because they were touching his nasty, goopy chew toys.

The cutlery drawer was the last one that isn't fastened shut with duct tape.

Loki - toddler with fur!

I have to pay close attention to Gabby when she comes in the house. She barges in with who knows what if I don't. Last time it was a Mole. She has a way of acting like it's perfectly natural to come in with dead things :rolleyes: She gets this Astonished look on her face when I block her way. She is the only one who brings in strange items from outside. The other BCs don't do toys, and the Greyhound doesn't hunt for anything except what's in the trash. I need to add her exploits, to the other destruction thread :D

Andrea D.

Kinda the same...

My cat Emma brought a live mouse in the house and promptly took it to the bathroom. I immediately went into the bathroom and shut the door so the mouse couldn't escape and Annie slipped in with me before I could close the door. Emma, of course, dropped the mouse and the three of us went around and around trying to catch the poor thing. I think I was the only one with **honorable** intentions! :rolleyes: Of the three of us, Annie was the one who could catch it but, luckily for the mouse, would drop it on command. I finally was able to catch the mouse and take it back outside where it lived to see another day. Phew! Ah... to have a video camera!