BC Boards

Disturbing Evidence

I just wanted to fill everyone in on someone who posts to this board. I had a similar thread on the BC Rescue boards, but admin decided to delete it. It seems that bcluver4life is not who she seems to be. I did some research yesterday and came up with a lot of interesting evidence. I googled the phone number she listed as a contact number and came up with a website of a breeder.

http://nationaldogbreeders.com/Stud/ndb_dsp_stud.cfm?ADID=6

Upon further investigation, I found that she is advertising on craigslist looking for border collies that anyone doesn't want under the name of Ground Zero Rescue

http://nationaldogbreeders.com/Stud/ndb_dsp_stud.cfm?ADID=6

She has also rescued dogs through the BC Rescue site which she now has for sale on craigslist and on another website.

http://www.qualitydogs.com/rescue.asp?filt...te&value=GA

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/pet/272645595.html

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/pet/272645045.html

The contact person is Elise Murphy. Elise Murphy has posted on here and the the BC Resuce site looking for a breeder puppy. http://bcrescue.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=9249

I believe these two people are one and the same. This person has exploited dogs from the rescue site. She has asked other people to pay for pull fees, since she says she is a 14 year old girl and cannot afford to pay them. She has set up transports to get these dogs to her. She had one of the dogs posted on craigslist and the other website before she even had it. The transport was just being set up on 2/3 and she had the dog listed on craigslist on 2/2. She is even reselling the ones that weren't already neutered, intact. Please be careful with any dealings you have with this person.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sandy, she IS Elise Murphy! I know this because she sent me a PM as bcluver4life on the other board and she signed it as Elise M. I thought it was strange at the time because up until then, she had referred to herself as Jennifer. Here is the PM (and I don't feel bad about posting a PM in this case since she is a FRAUD):

Dear Mary,

It's alright. I'm pretty used to getting questions like that by now.

Oh and the link doesn't work. Is there something writh with DOFarms?

From,

Elise M.

P.S. Sorry for such a short reply... My class is about to release in a minute so I have to go.

:rolleyes::D

I hope that this thread is acceptable to leave posted, because it doesn't contain any wild flames or accusations, just links to posts, and caveat lector. The integrity of this board is so important and really needs to be protected from any who would exploit it.

As an aside, the pet areas on Craigslist already creeped me out, what with people advertising that they want a free, small kitten (...to feed their large snake is left unsaid) etc. And now this type of concern is added.

I hope that this thread is acceptable to leave posted, because it doesn't contain any wild flames or accusations, just links to posts, and caveat lector. The integrity of this board is so important and really needs to be protected from any who would exploit it.

I do too, especially since another board will not let us discuss this. Frankly, I find it incomprehensible and irresponsible for them to not let us warn people about an unscrupulous impostor who is selling intact rescues and soliciting money from people and BREEDING rescues!! :rolleyes:

I did send her a pm yesterday on the BC Rescue board asking about this. It is obvious that she is a breeder. Her first post asking for a breeder dog bears the username Tripp Line and that is the same breeder that I came up with when I googled her phone number. The fact that she gives her name in that post as Elise Murphy, also signs a pm to someone in that same name and then has the dogs listed on a website with Elise Murphy as the contact person proves that we are dealing with the same person here. She sent me a pm back this morning on the rescue site saying that no one in her family is a breeder.

OF COURSE THIS THREAD IS ACCEPTABLE! I commend you, Sandyleew. I want the Boards to provide a service for legitimate rescue, but I don't want them to be exploited by people who are already exploiting rescue, dog owners and dogs. It's sharp-eyed people like you guys that help us achieve those goals.

Yes... thank you Eileen for leaving this post over here. I am like Mary... totally disappointed that the thread was 'pulled' from the other rescue board. I would think this is the exact situation that reliable rescuers need to keep each aware of.

Shame on them! :rolleyes:

Thank you, Sandy, for posting this discussion here--and Eileen for agreeing it is an appropriate one for us to have. Like many others, I was following and contributing to the discussion on the rescue board before it disappeared. And, like many others, I was disturbed by the information this investigation revealed. After a little googling of my own, though, I came across a profile on a goth site for this person, and the information listed on that profile did match up with much of the information the poster had shared about her life (and the photos even include what appear to be border collies). For some reason, it is even more distressing to me to think that this poster really is a 14-year-old girl, just as she'd claimed. When I was thinking she was an adult posing as a teenager (which, of course, she could still be--who knows what is true??), the situation was somehow easier to take....

sandyleew, I sent you an email because until now I've been unable to post a reply to your thread. Though it's embarssing to me to admit how much I was duped here is the gist of the email

After ready your topic on here I have to say I have egg on my face for my defense of bcluver4life. I have checked out the websites for both the breeder and rescue. I also contacted the Georgia Department of Agriculture..Animal Protection to see if either is liscensed to operate in the state. Neither is. I gave the investigator all the information on websites, ads ,and address. They assured me it will be investigated. We've had several high profile animal cruelty cases in the state that made national news and caused the regulation on breeders and rescuers to be tightened. Because of that I'm sure it will be looked into. Thank you for researching this. I would not want to be guilty of supporting this type of operation and I don't want it in my state.

My biggest concern here is for the dogs. I am very disappointed that BC Rescue administration deleted the thread. I want people to know who they are dealing with so that no more dogs are put in harm's way. I had a feeling from the very start that something was not right with this poster. I am glad I took the time to look into it. Sometimes, you just have to trust your instincts.

Part of my job is researching people and companies for FedEx to help us find correct addresses. . . I'm usually pretty good at finding things online :-)

Also by Elise Murphy regarding acquiring dogs: http://www.stockdog.com/dogfind/buylist.htm (2nd name)

the power tripp website is down.

Interesting that the dog listed at 'stud' only has a picture of a puppy. . . someone's actually going to breed to a puppy?

Also, she lost her cat in October:

LOST CAT FEMALE 23 Oct 06 LILBURN

Markings: White short hair, blue eyes.

Additional: Answers to "DK" or "Demon Kitty" About 2 years old.

from this page: http://www.flealess.org/lostpets/archives/...orgia_2006.html

Oh, and she posted on dog.com forum too: http://forum.dog.com/asp/tm.asp?m=206524

some of members appear to be here as well, and she got similar responses!

Her first post asking for a breeder dog bears the username Tripp Line and that is the same breeder that I came up with when I googled her phone number.

The Tripp Line isn't the same as Hollowshot BCs http://www.powertripp.org/, right? They have a 'Tripp' who is one of their stud dogs.

Wow, I think that all of you are crazy. It was back in November that I wanted to breed dogs and when I first started posting on Border collie sites.

It was also back then that I got two Golden Reterievers from a lady that was moving to FL. If I wanted to I could have bred them but you know what, I gave them up to Heather Mora at the Lake Lanier Humane League. I'm auctually glad I did too. If I hadn't within that time, they would have been dead because they were heartworm postive after living in a backyard for the first three years of their lives. Now they've recovered from it and been adopted out into new homes.

A few weeks after I gave them up and started to get into Border collies more. I started going to my local shelter. I got tired of seeing dogs in cages, locked away. So I decided that I wouldn't breed.

Also if I really wanted to breed dogs, wouldn't I have gotten an older dog to breed Jake to? There are plenty older dogs at there that we could have gotten at her price. Then I could have just waited for the female to go into heat now. A few weeks later, BOOM puppies.

What makes you people think that when I rescue dogs that they aren't already altered? I'm not taking the risk of a dog jumping the fence and then having puppies. There are way to many stray dogs out there. It would just ad unwanted mixes to the pet over population. On top of that I would be taking in different breeds and breeding them if I wanted puppies so bad.

So unless any of you know of altered dogs that are breeding, things are fine. If not the whole world might as well be in trouble.

It seems to me like she (you) is young and has a lot of ideas running her head right now - my advice as an older but still young adult - think and RESEARCH a lot before putting any existing or potential lives on the line, and listen to those with experience (also avoiding alienating people helps a lot too)

Breeding is a great thing to aspire to, IMO, but of course as you seem to have realized, it's not something you can just grab 2 dogs and do (well you CAN, but you SHOULDN'T). I don't really need to expand on that - the info is out there to be had. Health clearances absolutely HAVE to be done, let alone all the proving and evaluation including temperament, of course.

Rescue is something you can do now, and seem to already be doing. Good Luck. BTW I am NOT interested in a flame war or any such thing; keep in mind all here are concerned for the animals, and nobody is out to get you. If you've given up on breeding, and really do just want to help by rescuing, then go for it, and ignore the suspicions. If you're saying that stuff just to get us off your back, then watch out - we're out here, and we're watching. . .

Guest TheRuffMuttGang

Tripp Line is the kennel that this person's stud dog, Jake, is from, not Power Tripp.

Seriously...at this point, Elise, there is little you can say to redeem yourself. The evidence is all out there for us to see.

Sandy, I told ya they'd leave it alone on this board!!! I am so glad too. People NEED to see this type of stuff!!