BC Boards

Still No Diganose

****UPDATE****

Shiloh has passed away, she was euthanized. Nothing was going right she lost her eyesight, went deaf, had more unbalanced walking, and she won't eat. :(/> Within the past day or so she declined rapidly. She was brought to the vet in the morning. She was suffering,was in pain, and had poor quality in life. They did the right thing, she is now has crossed rainbow bridge. She's pain free,and is not suffering. Maybe Shiloh & Ellie will met up. ~R.I.P Shiloh(& Ellie) You'll always be in our hearts~

Good evening USBCC members :D/> Sorry I've not been around much, I've been busy.

A freind of ours currently has A 11 year old siberian husky. Here are the issues she's been diagnosed with. There are some of the diagnosed issues that have went away,& others she still has:

• Dropped Jaw

• Unbalanced Walking(Wobbly when she would walk)

• Enlarged Heart

• Low Red Blood Cell Count

• Anemic

• Vaginal infection

• Infection in both ears

They've been to be to three vets.She has had multiple tests. NOTHING has came up, she hasn't been diagnosed with any disease.

Edit:Im doing this from my phone sorry about the grammar errors.

http://m.facebook.com/gonetothesnowdogs?d=210688726947&_rdr

Not sure if these symptoms can be attributed to a single disease? Sounds more like this poor dog got hit with several different things at once, but then again, 3 vets would know better than me. I am assuming that the infections are being treated? I could see an ear infection, if bad enough, leading to a wobbly gait and dropped jaw, but then again, maybe the gait and jaw are caused by vestibular disease. The enlarged heart? Maybe due to age? Again, I am not a vet, just stream of consciousness here.

Jovi

@Jovi/gcv-border: Exactly,that's what I'm thinking. My thought is that there multiple diease, that its just not one single diease. Who Knows? We can't diagnose over the Internet,nor are we Vets. It could be old age too, or both.

She's doing much better, she's up & walking around, has A appetite. She still has A dropped jaw,& is unbalanced when she walks ,is having problems with her eye.

While none of the symptoms would seem to match Addison's Disease, the fact that three vets are still mystified would be enough for me to request a check of the dog's cortisol levels, and if low- request a stim test. Addison's Disease is dubbed the "Great Pretender" because it mimics other issues. That said, it doesn't typically mimic the issues highlighted... A cortisol level check is quite cheap though.

The ear infections could be allergies to food or even possibly environmental. I would see about food allergy testing and/or depending on what is being fed to go to a high-end grain-free food and making sure the protein is something not currently given.

Yes, Shiloh does have allergies, & its A food that doesn't contain the ingredient. The dog is currently on Canidae, A grain-free formula.

While none of the symptoms would seem to match Addison's Disease, the fact that three vets are still mystified would be enough for me to request a check of the dog's cortisol levels, and if low- request a stim test. Addison's Disease is dubbed the "Great Pretender" because it mimics other issues. That said, it doesn't typically mimic the issues highlighted... A cortisol level check is quite cheap though.

Thanks,

Hoping they find the cause. I would also be wondering if these infections were all under control. I know fear infections can cause wobbly gate/imbalance. As for the other symptoms I am not to educated on heart disorders in animals. (Myself yes!)