BC Boards

my 16 week Border Collie Puppy has hair loss around his left eye...

maria

[/i

My Border Collie Chester, is 16 weeks old, and I noticed this past week that he has lost some hair around his eye,

there is no sign of a rash, and he doesnt seem to be itching it at all,

Anyone have any ideas, ? I do have a vet appt for him next week for his Boosters, and I shall mention it then,

I would appreciate it if anyone has had similar experiences, I am wondering if it is some kind of allergy....?

Maria

post-10421-1250544603_thumb.jpg

The vet needs to do a skin scrape for mange - that's very much how my 4 months old pup looked when he got a very mild case of mange around his eye - it cleared out with a simple treatment. It appeared out of a sudden, and we too thought it's some sort of an allergy or scratch. Nope, he had mites and they were visible under the microscope ...

• 2 months later...
[/i

My Border Collie Chester, is 16 weeks old, and I noticed this past week that he has lost some hair around his eye,

there is no sign of a rash, and he doesnt seem to be itching it at all,

Anyone have any ideas, ? I do have a vet appt for him next week for his Boosters, and I shall mention it then,

I would appreciate it if anyone has had similar experiences, I am wondering if it is some kind of allergy....?

Maria

Definately get it scraped , and no vaccines until diagnosed .

Also be careful of what kinds of treatments you use.

When my pup was diagnosed with demodectic mange , I used Interferon and Zinc Methionine . It worked like a charm but is expensive. Hair started growing back within two weeks . It comes compounded , given orally and my dog LOVED it ! :rolleyes: