BC Boards

Evil Plan comes to fruition - Film at 11

OK, so I got given some direction over here. Right, then - I'm about to burst anyway, so I guess now's the time.

My sister (AK dog doc), blast her eeEEeevil soul, has long had a nefarious plot to get me into the BC world. Hesitently, and with resistence, I've been pulled in step by step - First reading this board, then posting here, then doing rescue work, and now... A BC of my own. :rolleyes:

OK, maybe Suka's a BC/X. Whatever. Anyway, this is a dog my sister's known for some time, and was saved from Animal Control a few years ago, but times and circumstances change, so her new family wasn't able to keep her any longer - My sister took Suka back in, but couldn't keep her - Raven is due home, and she's up against a municipal dog limit. There aren't any, aparently, local BC rescues in her area, and there weren't any within easy reach, so she reached out to me for help and advice, to see if I couldn't get Suka into MABCR. Unfortunately, MABCR is in high-gear right now, and slipping another dog into the steady stream of dogs coming through is pushing things pretty hard. On top of that, Suka's description is glowing - She's reputedly "the best dog I've ever owned" according to her rather distressed former master. Now, I'd been showing my wife picture sof Suka, and talking about the process to her, and so on, and one day, about a week or so ago, she suddenly turned to me and said, if you clean the house, we can take her in.

:D

Cleaning the house is kinda important - both of us tend to horde stuff we really ought to have ditched some time ago.

I ordered a dumpster. It's big. I'm filling it.

If we've not touched it in over a year, and it's replacable without too much effort or cost, it's gone!

Suka is due to arrive from Alaska on Friday. We're scrambling, but we'll make it.

So, without further ado, let me pre-introduce Suka, Muse of Housecleaning!

Suka1.jpg

Suka2.jpg

"if you clean the houe, we can take her in."

Almost cruel wouldn't you say?!

Almost. :rolleyes:

1) It needed doing anyway, and 2) The major effort happens only at first - once past that, the rest is a lot easier. And a dog is for years and years! So - Some pain now, and lots of years with Suka - Small price to pay.

Wow, she is beautiful!! And she has a sweet expression, too. Congratulations to all around!

Thank you... But that first image has the look of thoughtful mischief to me, really. That's the face of a dog thinking something up... :rolleyes::D

Anyway, yeah, I'm like a kid awaiting Christmas. I imagine there'll be updates ad nauseum. :D

Congrats! I'm glad your sis finally suckered you in. Suka is a beauty, and your wife is one smart woman.
Well, my sister usually gets her way, sooner or later... And yeah, Jenn is a pretty sharp cookie. Marrying a smart woman is wonderful, but there are times when it's also a bit uncomfortable, too.

This is one of those times, but the payoff is waaaaay more than worth it!

:rolleyes:

WAY TO GO HIL, you finally pushed your bro over the edge onto that slippery slope of Border Collie ownership.

He He He.

Let's start a pool on how long before we see the first post from Tranquilis about working sheep.

Congrats Tranquilis, watch your step it's all downhill from here. :rolleyes:

Mark

Let's start a pool on how long before we see the first post from Tranquilis about working sheep.

Gods.

Divorce-city!

Or maybe not... :rolleyes: Hmmm. Maybe on those days when I'm down at the Farm anyway..? We'll have to see how her eye & drive are.

Congrats Tranquilis, watch your step it's all downhill from here. :D

Dang, don't I know it..!

OMG it is ABOUT TIME!! Finally! WOO HOO!!

I can't wait to meet the lovely little girl - when are you bringing her to the farm for social hour?

I'm so very happy for you..I know how much you love dogs :-)

She's a lucky Suka :rolleyes:

She's a lucky Suka :rolleyes:

Ah! So you know what her name means! :D Heh! I can't remember - Did I tell you, or did you already know?

I'll bring her down right after I get her settled in, had her meet our vet, and given her a chance to get her bearings - Maybe two weeks.

Sheep? But she looks like the X might be husky or malamute. Time to get the cross-country skiis and harness :-)

She's not too big - roughly 38 lbs. I doubt she could pull me. Still, a little sled dog in her wouldn't offend me at all. :rolleyes:

Ah! So you know what her name means! :D Heh! I can't remember - Did I tell you, or did you already know?

I'll bring her down right after I get her settled in, had her meet our vet, and given her a chance to get her bearings - Maybe two weeks.

:rolleyes: No, you didn't tell me; did your sister name her?

:rolleyes: No, you didn't tell me; did your sister name her?

Good language skills, then! Not sure who named her - I'll need to ask, but that name would be entirely in keeping with her sense of humor. Or anyone in my family's sense of humor, for that matter. And really, ethnically, it's very appropriate for the region.

You can't possibly be speaking Russian.
No, I'd never do that.

:rolleyes:

Actually, I'd never heard of that musical instrument. Learn something new every day. :D