BC Boards

5 more days! More first BC!

Well I posted here months ago about my interest in a BC and after long and hard thought I decided to purchase one. The guy I chose is now 11 weeks old and will be nearly 12 weeks old when I get him. You guys warned me, encouraged me, and enlightened me. So now it's almost time for me to get him. I'm a bit nervous and excited as it's my first dog and I don't take it lightly. I've already spent a lot of money making sure he will be comfortable and have everything he needs. I'm a bit bummed I missed his 8-12 week period but I fell in love with his pictures and I don't regret it. So wish me luck, and I will be bothering you all with many, many questions and advice, so prepare yourselves! :rolleyes: A few pictures of my man Eko as he grew up!

spot3weeksold2.jpg

eko4weeksold.jpg

Eko5weeks3.jpg

Eko6weeksold3.jpg

Eko9weeks3.jpg

Eko10weeks2.jpg

Eko11weeks.jpg

Well I posted here months ago about my interest in a BC and after long and hard thought I decided to purchase one. The guy I chose is now 11 weeks old and will be nearly 12 weeks old when I get him. You guys warned me, encouraged me, and enlightened me. So now it's almost time for me to get him. I'm a bit nervous and excited as it's my first dog and I don't take it lightly. I've already spent a lot of money making sure he will be comfortable and have everything he needs. I'm a bit bummed I missed his 8-12 week period but I fell in love with his pictures and I don't regret it. So wish me luck, and I will be bothering you all with many, many questions and advice, so prepare yourselves! :rolleyes: A few pictures of my man Eko as he grew up!

spot3weeksold2.jpg

eko4weeksold.jpg

Eko5weeks3.jpg

Eko6weeksold3.jpg

Eko9weeks3.jpg

Eko10weeks2.jpg

Eko11weeks.jpg

Very exciting! He looks like a super intelligent lad - will keep you on your toes for sure! Is that his mum iwth him in the second pic - if so, she has a nice, calm look about her - which is great - means there's a good chance that he comes with an off switch. Don't forget to use it.

Do you have some nice training/puppy schools in your area?

What a sweetheart! I love the one where he's standing among his litter mates :rolleyes:

Remember what I told you about not getting too attached on the pink spots on his nose? Check out how his nose is already filled out in the latest shots!

Congrats. He looks like a great little pup. Get ready for lots of fun, work, and non stop chasing him around the house :rolleyes: But it's all worth it.

Take lots of pictures. They grow up fast.

what a little beauty Eko is, you are set for some good times together, be prepared never to go to the bathroom alone again :D and you will find yourself fitter than ever, but the one thing you will notice about yourself is the way you have long conversations with eko and even ask him his opionion, then you will feel a true BC owner :rolleyes:

he looks lovely (dont all pups?)

I am just 3 months ahead of you - had ben since he was 8 weeks old - 1st ever dog

you have done the right thing asking, reading and planning

I spent a year reading everything I could then I got myself ready for a nightmare

expect the worse then you will always have nice surprises

and plan what you don't want him to do and stick to it right from the start

I decided I wanted to be able to goto the bathroom myself and didn't want a dog to bug people while they were eating

so I just didn't let him do these things

takes a couple weeks of shouty mad pup but then when they realise they are not going to win -ben lies outside the door when I am in the loo and he wonders off and lies down when people are eating

(mind you he is only a collie cross so I might have got lucky)

but most of all enjoy