BC Boards

1st b-day coming up

well, my dear boy will turn one year old Aug. 15th. What should I do? I would like to throw him a b-day party- hats, pictures, alll that cheesy stuff...... and the cake from the doggy store, ya know. How do you arrange this between him and his doogy friends? LOL.

send out invitations

prepare lots of treats

prepare some games and prizes

some easy games that owners and dogs can take part in

Dressing up your dog with newspaper.. the most creative one wins

Toss the treat.. the dog that catches most treats in a row wins

Fastest recall

get party hats and make the dogs wear and take lots of pictures!

348700397_4533d3d0bf.jpg

Get a special balloon to id the birthday boy

263859839_9411698343.jpg

some links here

party

http://www.pamperedpuppy.com/guides/birthday/index.php

http://www.dog-treat-recipe-exchange.com/d...arty_guide.html

http://www.doggienews.com/lib/education/dog-parties.htm

Have lots of fun.. and show us the pictures!!

I hope he has a great Bday party. Take lots of pictures :rolleyes:

wow- thanks for the links- we have over a month to plan it. We will probably have it at the doggy bar where most of his friends are. They have a nice back yard there and it's very "dog friendly". What great ideas from those pages. I don't think that balloon would stay on too long- LOL. Maybe we can print up some flyer's early to make sure all of his buddies show up that day. People don't like to bring their dogs on the week-ends because it gets a bit crowded. The dogs can all hide and it will be a surprise party- :rolleyes: The things we do for our dogs!!!

epp!! that reminds me!! Shelby's b day is in 5 days and I have no plans!!!

Well, I'm sure this will come to the dismay of some on this board, but our dogs' birthdays are celebrated with a grilled flank steak and a slice of sponge cake; we also sing "Happy Birthday" to them. Hey, give me a break!!! It's only twice a year (once for each dog)!!!

Shanni and Kingsley, I think the caption for your pictures would go something like, "Yeah, you laugh now; but just wait until you go to sleep tonight..."

we also sing "Happy Birthday" to them. Hey, give me a break!!!

Um, yeah I sang to Black Jack for his six month Bday :D:rolleyes: Ok, I couldn't wait for his regular Bday in Dec. But we'll party then too :D

Well, I'm sure this will come to the dismay of some on this board, but our dogs' birthdays are celebrated with a grilled flank steak and a slice of sponge cake; we also sing "Happy Birthday" to them. Hey, give me a break!!! It's only twice a year (once for each dog)!!!

Shanni and Kingsley, I think the caption for your pictures would go something like, "Yeah, you laugh now; but just wait until you go to sleep tonight..."

Har har har..we sang happy birthday to the doggies too...

ermm... so far.. none of the dogs took revenge yet at us for messing up their hairdos and whatever... think it was the birthday cake that silenced them.

Here's the receipe if another is looking for a doggy cake

508953019_3355db9dbe_b.jpg

from The Good Food Cookbook for Dogs: 50 Home-Cooked Recipes for the Health and Happiness of Your Canine Companion by Donna Twichell Roberts